Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lilibet's Royal Blog

June 1, 2007

Now that I have an email address, a website and I can use a cell phone, I've decided to start my own royal blog. I was going to call it 'The Adventures of Lilibet' or 'I'm the Queen' but I thought the first one was too long and the second too presumptuous - even though it's completely true - I AM the Queen. Anyways, after much thought I've decided on Lilibet's Royal Blog.

I must be crazy to do this, with all of my endless engagements, correspondence, Openings of Parliament, Trooping the Color, etc. But I thought I would give it a go. Wish me luck!


June 5, 2007

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Been busy with the ruling thing and all. Today I had a dress fitting and sat for a portrait. I'm completely exhausted.


June 10, 2007

Philip's 86th birthday today. It's so hard to shop for him nowadays. Settled on some new socks but held out on giving the Prince Consort title - that's going to be a surprise for our anniversary.Off to walk the corgis now.


June 15, 2007

My goodness, this royal blogging is harder than it looks. What was I getting myself into?


June 18, 2007

Yesterday we had the Garter Ceremony. I always enjoy getting dressed up for that. Had scones for tea. They were a bit on the stale side.

June 19, 2007

Is anybody still reading this?


© Marilyn Braun 2007

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the interview last night and was very impressed! It was refreshing to have members of the Royal family answering questions candidly without putting on airs. Matt Lauer was a bit over the top though sometimes. He made me wince at times with his overbearing questions and overly familiar attitude. The princes seem to take it in stride though. Throughout the show I couldn't help but wonder what an interview like this with the Queen would have been like. I know she does not grant interviews, but it would be interesting to imagine.

Marilyn Braun said...

I liked the interview but it just got a bit repetitive at times - okay, we know you loved your mother already! But the two princes seemed to have a good relationship with each other, although the fun banter between them was a bit distracting. Can you imagine Prince Charles and Prince Andrew doing something like that?

Yes, it would be nice if the Queen granted an interview. But then again, maybe that's part of her appeal. Unlike the rest of her family (except for the youngest ones) who have given interviews, she is seen as above reproach. People project many things on to her but they'll never know the real person - just like William and Harry said, unless you get to know someone you really can't know them from press stories. It would be interesting to see if her diaries are released after her death - if she even writes one. Maybe then we might get a greater insight into her personality and reaction to events around her.