Tuesday, August 18, 2009

President Obama has a paper cut!..and other such nonsense

Sometimes royal news seems to be just that silly. Take for instance Prince William and Kate Middleton. Recent reports say that they are secretly engaged, that they have come to an understanding, that Kate is sending subtle messages by wearing the color blue to a society wedding. Don't believe me about the blue dress? Take a look here.

Forgive my skepticism but over the years I've heard so many rumours surrounding their engagement, so many signs that it's imminent, so many commentators with straight faces letting us know that This. Will. Be. The. Year.

Maybe, maybe not. But then 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and even this year, 2009 have been THE year too. Pull a number out of a hat, such as 2011, and if they're still together by that point, one day commentators may be right.

I'd like them to get engaged just as much as the next pro-Kate royal watcher. But I'm not going to hold my breath, I'm taking a wait and see approach. My hopes have been raised and then dashed one too many times.

Until an engagement is announced by Clarence House, speculation about their relationship is in the same league as news that President Obama has a paper cut.


© Marilyn Braun 2009

2 comments:

MandysRoyalty said...

It's like trying to predict the end of the world. It just won't happen until it happens. Relax, people! :) Heh heh...

Marilyn Braun said...

Yeah people, just chill! ;)